Monday, January 26, 2009

Why I learned how to use chopsticks.

I am a dork of the highest extreme, but people don’t believe me when I tell them that. My friend’s partner lived in Japan for a while and I realized that I liked sushi once while I was at their house. At this point, I had no idea how to use chopsticks and didn’t really give it a second thought. Until weeks later when that same friend invited me to go out for sushi.

We went to this place where everyone sits at the same table to eat. My first attempt to learn how to use chopsticks was not very good. My friend cleverly described it as “Do you remember when you first learned how to drive a stick shift and the first time you stalled at a light?” I do remember that moment; I must have stalled in that intersection 10 times. I left that sushi place determined to learn how to use chopsticks.

A few days later, that same friend gave me some chopsticks from her house. I spent the whole day with those chopsticks. Needless to say, I can now go eat sushi without the fear of eating utensils.

No comments:

Post a Comment